Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Back and Better Than Ever

It's hard to believe it has been almost 4 months since my last post.  From here on out I am looking to get in about 2 posts per month.  I'll go with the excuse that because Chelsea seemed to be taking a break that I decided to do the same thing.  After Sunday's performance in the FA Cup, I can no longer stick with this excuse.

What a game.  Wow.  That was THE definition of "A Tale of Two Halves." The last time I felt that proud to be a Chelsea fan at the end of a match was 19.05.2012. After a rough start for about 20 minutes or so, I was not sure we would be able to get back into the game, especially with the attitude we were playing with.  Once we came out in the second half, it was like watching a whole new game.  We looked lively, energetic, and, most of all, passionate.  This has been the missing ingredient for this rough patch the last few weeks.  Clearly there is talent, but passion, that's what the game is all about! I don't know what made everyone click but whatever it was, we need to keep it going for the final few weeks of the season.

I was glad to see the team turn around like that.  Our season seemed to head downhill after our early meeting with Manchester United so it only seems right that we right the ship against them.  I was on such a natural high after that draw and it felt absolutely amazing.  For the first time in a long while I was finally able to take a deep breath and say to myself, "This, THIS is Chelsea Football Club."

Blue is the Colour!



No comments:

Post a Comment